Aging in Place Committee
This committee was established in 2009.
It is made up of one CHF Canada board member and five members appointed by CHF Canada’s Board for two-year terms.
The mandate of CHF Canada’s Aging in Place Committee is to:
- develop a unified picture of seniors’ issues in housing co-ops
- promote to all levels of government the need for housing co-ops to offer low-cost housing to seniors when operating agreements end
- develop tools that assist new housing co-op design, using the principles of universal design or visitability
- create guidelines and information for housing co-ops to help them adapt to the changing needs of their members as they age in place
- gather and promote information on community support and referral services for seniors so they can remain in their co-op homes, and
- document best practices on aging in place.
For more information about the committee, please see its terms of reference.