We are currently recruiting for Diversity Committee!
Do you have professional or lived experience in the area of diversity and inclusion, equity, human rights, training, law, community development, and the co-operative or non-profit sector and want to get involved in the sector? If so, the deadline to apply is Monday August 14th! See the role description for more details.
This advisory committee was established in 1999.
Its membership comprises six people with professional or lived experience in a range of equity, diversity or human rights topics in education, training, law, community development, non-profit or other related sectors. Committee members are appointed by CHF Canada’s Board for a three-year term and is chaired by the Board’s liaison to the Committee.
The Committee’s duties and responsibilities are to:
- provide expertise, information, support, feedback and guidance to the program staff and Board of Directors of CHF Canada on an as-needed basis
- advise on how to increase engagement in initiatives or address concerns related to human rights, equity, diversity or inclusion
- provide input and feedback on education and communication resources and materials developed by CHF Canada staff
- recommend related strategies to the Board of Directors via program staff or the board liaison
- meet at least once per year, or as required, via conference call, and
- provide the Board of Directors and membership with an annual activity report.
For more information about the committee, please see its terms of reference.