This advisory committee was established in 1999.
Its membership comprises six people with professional or lived experience in a range of equity, diversity or human rights topics in education, training, law, community development, non-profit or other related sectors. Committee members are appointed by CHF Canada’s Board for a three-year term and is chaired by the Board’s liaison to the Committee.
The Diversity Committee’s mandate is to:
- provide expertise, information, support, feedback and guidance to the program staff and Board of Directors of CHF Canada on an as-needed basis
- advise on how to increase engagement in initiatives or address concerns related to human rights, equity, diversity or inclusion
- provide input and feedback on education and communication resources and materials developed by CHF Canada staff
- recommend related strategies to the Board of Directors via program staff or the board liaison
- meet at least once per year, or as required, via conference call, and
- provide the Board of Directors and membership with an annual activity report.
For more information about the committee, please see its terms of reference.