New to the AGM?
We know it can be intimidating heading to a large conference for the first time. We’re on site to help you get your bearings, understand how the AGM works and advise you on best practices.
Top 10 tips for a successful AGM
- Know your role – why are you here?
- To bring information/new ideas to your co-op
- To be part of the democratic decisions of co-ops across Canada
- To elect representatives to CHF Canada’s Board
- Be on time for your workshops and meetings – you won’t want to miss a single thing!
- Don’t try to write everything down – but do note key messages.
- Use the tools CHF Canada has prepared for you:
- Conference at a Glance
- The “App” (coming in April)
- Meeting Book
- Put your name on your voting and meeting books.
- Dress in layers – temps vary in meeting rooms.
- Talk to the candidates before the elections.
- Make notes at the end of the day to help you write your report when you get home.
- Pace yourself – there’s lots to do in the next few days.
- Have fun!