2020 Annual Meeting
Mark your calendars and get ready for CHF Canada’s 2020 Annual Meeting in beautiful Halifax, Nova Scotia.
When: Thursday, June 11 to Saturday, June 13, 2020
Where: Halifax Convention Centre, 1650 Argyle Street
We’ll be rolling out a refreshed and re-energized Annual Meeting that focuses on education and networking, while bringing you even more value.
- Discounts: We’ll be offering discounts and bursaries for attendees 35 and under, travel rebates, a childcare allowance, and a special bursary for members in Nova Scotia.
- Convenient for co-op managers: With this year’s Annual Meeting taking place in the middle of the month, it won’t interfere with collecting housing charges.
- Share what you’ve learned: We encourage attendees to report back to their co-ops on what they learned from our program of over 50 workshops. Annual Meeting attendees will have access to all the workshop handouts and slides from the event.
- Make your voice heard: Make sure your co-op exercises its democratic rights as a CHF Canada member by voting on resolutions at our National Business Meeting and helping elect new members to the Board of Directors and Ontario Council.
- Networking: Benefit from the rich history and diverse, friendly culture of Halifax as you network with co-op members and staff from across the country.
Stay tuned! We’ll be sharing more details throughout the fall, and registration will open in March 2020.
Exciting changes for our 2020 Annual Meeting
We’re making some changes to our Annual Meeting format to make sure it meets members’ needs and delivers great value. We’re excited to share that our 2020 Annual Meeting will offer:
- Shorter format: The meeting will be held over 3 days, instead of 4, to help you save money on accommodations. However, there will still be the same amount of workshop slots for members & staff!
- More value: The Local Social, Friday & Saturday lunch, and Friday Dinner & Dance are all included in your registration fee this year.
- Pre-conference event: The ever-popular Local Co-op & Sightseeing Tour will be kicking off the Annual Meeting on Thursday morning.
- Tradeshow trivia: Attendees will have a chance to win great door prizes and test their trivia knowledge with our first-ever ‘tradeshow trivia’!