Long-term service awards for co-op housing staff
Why long-term service awards?
Co-op managers and staff play a critical role in ensuring housing co-ops are successful, well-managed communities. Long-term service awards recognize those long-standing managers and staff who are key stakeholders in our movement.
The awards were originally started by the Ontario Region of CHF Canada in 2002. In 2022, CHF Canada expanded the eligibility to include managers and co-op staff from across Canada.
Co-op managers and staff qualify for a certificate of recognition after:
- Five years of continuous service in their current housing co-operative, or
- 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 (or more) years of combined service with any housing co-operatives in Canada that are, or can be, members of CHF Canada.
In order to get the award, the staff person must now be working for:
- A housing co-op that is a member of CHF Canada, or
- A co-operative management company that is a member of CHF Canada, and working in a housing co-op that is a member of CHF Canada.
Staff will be presented with their long-term service certificates at our Regional Meetings, which are held during the Annual Meeting. Staff who are unable to attend in-person will receive their certificate by mail.
For more information, please contact Barbara Szymanska, Administrative Assistant, Co-operative Services at 1-800-268-2537 ext. 226 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update ‘How to apply’ to: Complete this application by May 5, 2023 and email to email@example.com
How to apply
Complete this application by May 5, 2023 and email to firstname.lastname@example.org