We’re hiring: Accounting Assistant
Published December 10, 2021
NOTICE OF PERMANENT POSITION: ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT
The Co-operative Housing Federation of Canada wants to fill the full-time (35 hours per week) permanent
position of Accounting Assistant. The position provides accounting and reception services, as well as some
general administrative support, to the organization. This position is based in Ottawa, ON and will require
daily attendance at our centretown offices. The target start date is February 1, 2022.
Reporting to the Executive Assistant, the Assistant will provide:
- accounting services (reconciling supplier invoices and purchase orders, issuing invoices, accounts filing;
maintaining petty cash)
- reception services (answering the phone and directing calls, receiving visitors and deliveries, processing
mail and couriers)
- office services (co-ordinating office access and liaising with landlord around routine maintenance matters,
maintaining inventory of office supplies, ensuring office equipment is maintained)
- administrative services, including providing back-up administrative support in the Ottawa office and
back-up translations system support.
Candidates must have:
- a post-secondary diploma in secretarial studies, or equivalent experience
- advanced word-processing (MS Word) and spreadsheet programs (MS Excel) skills
- working knowledge of other Microsoft programs (Outlook, PowerPoint, Salesforce)
- superior attention to detail
- ability to organize tasks and set priorities.
Candidates must be: fluently bilingual (English/French); able to work with minimal supervision; and
organized and able to manage competing demands.
The position starting salary is $52,516 (2022) per year. CHF Canada offers an excellent benefits package.
CHF Canada is an equal opportunity employer.
If interested, please apply in writing by 5:00 pm EST, January 7, 2022 to:
Director, Finance and Corporate Services
No telephone inquiries, please.
Don't miss out on the latest co-op news, success stories, and helpful resources for your co-op. Sign up here to receive our eNews every two weeks straight to your inbox!