(absent: David Corson)
The Ontario Council is the governing body of the Ontario Region.
Council members are elected at the annual meeting of Ontario members. At that meeting, members give direction to the Council; the Council then directs the work of the Ontario Region.
The Ontario Council has either eight or nine members. While some Council members represent specific groups, they are responsible to all Ontario members.
Council positions are:
- four at-large members (three must come from housing co-ops)
- one federations representative
- one Northern Ontario representative
- one staff organizations representative, and
- one Ontario regional director from CHF Canada’s Board (if Council wishes, the Board can appoint a second director from Ontario).
Meet the current Council
Ontario Regional Director
* term ends in 2020 **term ends in 2021 †term ends in 2022
N.B. At the 2019 AGM, CHF Canada members passed Resolution R1: Governance Reorganization. The resolution directs the CHF Canada Board of Directors and Ontario Council to “reorganize into a single governance body by the close of business of the 2021 CHF Canada Annual General Meeting.” The terms listed here are subject to the legal last day of Ontario Council.
Interested in getting involved?
Learn more about our elections; find out who can run and how to become a candidate.