An Introduction to Co-op Housing Management in Ontario: popular course moves online
Published February 10, 2022
Registration is now open for CHF Canada’s course, An Introduction to Co-op Housing Management in Ontario. It is being held online over two days: April 25 and 27.
This workshop is designed for new managers or people preparing to work for a housing co‑op in Ontario. It is also a good resource for co‑op managers looking to refresh their skills.
Managing a housing co‑op is different from managing other types of rental housing. Of course, you:
- pay the bills
- fill vacancies and
- keep the property in good repair.
But as a co‑op manager, you work for a democratically controlled organization. You also:
- need to understand the laws unique to co-op housing;
- stay updated on rules that are part of the co-op’s funding arrangements with government, and
- help the board and members govern the co-op.
An Introduction to Co‑operative Housing Management is a lively introduction to the unique features of co‑op housing management. The course has been updated for online delivery while keeping the participatory features of the traditional in-person course. Participants will complete the first module of the course online prior to two days of live sessions using the Zoom meeting platform. A short quiz at the end will complete the course.
Materials have been updated to reflect current best practices, and any relevant changes to legislation.
At the session you will get:
- two days of management training, delivered by some of the sector’s most experienced educators
- a chance to ask questions, discuss issues and do case studies
- ideas and inspiration from your peers
- a reference package with useful information
- a good grounding in the basics every co‑op manager needs to do the best job possible.
Intro to Co-op Management details
April 25 and 27
10-12 am and 1-4 pm each day
Registration is capped at 40 participants.
Member co-ops $250.00
Youth (under 35) $150.00
Service managers $300.00
Don't miss out on the latest co-op news, success stories, and helpful resources for your co-op. Sign up here to receive our eNews every two weeks straight to your inbox!