President/E.D. Message: We are in this together, and CHF Canada is here to help
Published April 29, 2020
Through thick and thin, housing co-operatives know we are in this together, and CHF Canada is here to help.
Our dedicated staff team is here to help you while we work from home, and your elected governance are committed to representing you every step of the way.
Since the World Health Organization declared COVID-19 a global pandemic, we continue to:
- offer you trustworthy advice in response to member’s COVID-19 questions and concerns
- bring you timely, relevant and accurate COVID-19 information on a weekly basis
- work closely with our partners, especially regional federations to co-operatively address sector needs and solutions,
- advocate to governments to ensure housing co-ops are protected and supported
- adapt to offer virtual exchange and learning opportunities for our members.
We know these are trying times. Every single sector organization, housing co-operative member, volunteer and staff person has an important role to play to ensure we safely weather this storm together.
In fact, we are already seeing ample evidence of the resilience and adaptability of our co-op movement. The co-operative principles and values continue to guide us through difficult times to keep co-op homes safe and secure, to provide safe mutual aid, and to keep communities strong and united.
Meanwhile, know that our CHF Canada team is committed to doing everything we can to help.
We will get through this together.
Thank you. Stay well and stay safe.
Frank Wheeler, President
Tim Ross, Executive Director
Don’t miss out on the latest co-op news, success stories, and helpful resources for your co-op.
Sign up here to receive our eNews every two weeks straight to your inbox!