We’re looking for a Local Planning Co-ordinator for our 2021 Annual Meeting in Ottawa!
Published February 24, 2020
CHF Canada 2021 Annual Meeting – Local Planning Co-ordinator
- Do you have ideas about how we can bring a local Ottawa flavour to our 2021 Annual Meeting?
- Are you a people person?
- Do you enjoy sticking to schedules and timelines?
If you answered yes to the above, consider applying to be our Local Planning Co-ordinator.
CHF Canada’s 2021 Annual Meeting will be taking place June 10-12, 2021 in Ottawa, ON. The Local Planning Co‑ordinator works closely with CHF Canada’s Program Manager, Membership & Events to help plan and deliver a memorable conference for over 700 housing co-op members, directors and staff.
The 10-month contract position begins in September 2020 and continues until July 2021. You will be paid $15,000 for the contract, in 10 monthly installments.
I’m interested! Tell me more.
Your main responsibilities will include, but aren’t limited to:
- recruiting and organizing a local volunteer committee to carry out various tasks leading up to, and at, the annual meeting
- working with your local volunteer committee to organize a local social event for 350 meeting attendees, design and source centerpieces for the closing dinner and dance, make arrangements for a local co-op and sightseeing bus tour, design a local activity guide for attendees, and recommend local talent for portions of the annual meeting
- connecting with Ottawa Tourism to secure free items and information for conference tote bags
- researching information for the conference website as needed (eg. less expensive accommodations, transportation options, accessibility etc.)
If you are interested, please send a one-page write up that includes information about:
- your connection to housing co-ops in Ottawa and why you’re interested in the position
- your experience planning events and working with groups
- your ideas for making the 2021 CHF Canada Annual Meeting the best one yet!
by March 9, 2020 to:
Cynthia Mitchell, Program Manager, Membership & Events
(613) 230-2201 ext. 226
Don’t miss out on the latest co-op news, success stories, and helpful resources for your co-op.
Sign up here to receive our eNews every two weeks straight to your inbox!