Award for Co-operative Achievement
Why an Award for Co-operative Achievement?
Housing co-ops are full of amazing stories, and we want to highlight them.
The Award for Co‑operative Achievement celebrates an inspiring program or project by a CHF Canada member co‑op that creates a lasting legacy and shows why housing co‑ops are remarkable places to live.
The Award was originally established in honour of Jim MacDonald, who laid the groundwork for Canada’s co‑operative housing movement. A Canadian labour leader and voice for social change, Jim helped to form CHF Canada and served as president from 1972 to 1978.
To be honoured with the Award for Co‑operative Achievement, a co‑op must be a CHF Canada member, and fulfill one or more of the following criteria:
- Exceptional commitment to the values of the international co‑operative movement
- Outstanding achievement in co‑operative governance and/or management
- Dedication to social change, community development and/or environmental sustainability
- Significant engagement of young co‑op members or members from underrepresented groups
- Support of aging in place measures
Past recipients have been recognized for projects that have supported a diverse membership, built community, or supported environmental sustainability.
The winner will be honored at CHF Canada’s AGM and receive $2,500.
How to apply
Complete the application form and submit it by April 1.
For more information, please contact Cynthia Mitchell, Program Manager, Membership & Events at 1-800-465-2752 ext. 226 or email@example.com.