At CHF Canada, we respect people’s privacy. Our members believe privacy is important. So, we have a tradition of respecting the privacy of our member co‑operatives and the personal information of the people who live in them.
Today, people understand why organizations collect information for appropriate purposes.
Here is a summary of CHF Canada’s privacy practices.
Why we collect personal information
CHF Canada collects and keeps basic information about our members so that we can manage, develop and strengthen our operations, including member services. As we learn about members’ needs and preferences, we can develop better ways to serve them. In carrying out our member-directed purposes, CHF Canada undertakes:
- to protect your personal information with appropriate security safeguards;
- to protect the confidentiality of personal information;
- to keep your personal information as accurate and up-to-date as possible; and
- to honour any request you may make for access or amendment to your personal information.
We would appreciate your consent to continue to collect, use and disclose your personal information for the purposes identified above. But it is your choice. It is your information. You can refuse or withdraw your consent as follows:
- You can be removed from our phone, mail email, enewsletter and/or website member access listsat any time. We use these lists to inform you of relevant products, services and special offers that may be of benefit to you.
- You may decline to provide personal information to us. You may also withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice.
In either case, this may limit our ability to serve you.
CHF Canada will continue to monitor the use of the information you provide, and your privacy.