Services for Canada’s housing co-ops
A housing co-op isn’t just a community: it’s a business overseeing millions of dollars’ worth of housing.
Like any business, a housing co-op needs to be careful about the products and services it purchases. This is vital to long-term viability and to the comfort and affordability of the housing that co-ops provide.
CHF Canada offers member co-ops a wide range of services designed to support their business needs:
- Long-term planning and renewal:
- Asset and Financial Planning Services help co-ops assess the state of their buildings and plan, budget and manage projects to keep them in good condition.
- Financial Planning Services help co-ops access long-term financing through CHF Canada’s established network of credit union partners.
- CHF Canada’s Insurance Program helps co-ops obtain insurance products tailored to their needs.
- Investment products and services of Encasa Financial are designed to serve the long-term investment needs of Canada’s co-op and non-profit housing providers.
CHF Canada offers these services on behalf of member co-ops in partnership with other non-profit and co-operative organizations (like credit unions and The Co-operators). They all have established track records catering to the special needs and circumstances of housing co-ops.
Follow the links below to find out how each of these services can help your co-op do more with its money.