High quality on-demand education for housing co-op directors and general members plus staff and managers.
What is CHF Canada’s online learning platform?
Our online learning platform is for individuals to learn about topics relevant to management, governance, membership and other key issues related to co-op housing. Courses are self-paced, meaning learners can move through content when it is convenient for them. The platform is currently open to anyone and offers both free and paid course options.
You will find courses on risk management, asset management, and an introductory course for co-op staff and managers in Ontario. Check back or watch for announcements in our e-news as new courses will be added regularly!
To start your online learning journey, sign up here and check out our courses.
Need help? Contact us at email@example.com
How to use our online learning platform
Follow the instructions in the 3 – 4 steps below, or download this document to guide you through the process.
1. Create an account
- Create an account here under ‘sign up’
- Once you’ve completed the sign-up questions, you will receive an email to verify your account. Follow the instructions in that email.
Note: If the email does not appear in your main inbox, check your spam or junk folders.
2. Browse courses
- To browse courses select either “Get your first course”, or “Course Catalog”
- This will take you to our Course Catalog, where you can view all the courses we have available
3. Signing up for a free course
- To sign up for a free course, all you have to do click “Get this course”.
- The button will change to say “Start or resume course”. Click this button and you’ve started!
4. Signing up for a paid course
- To sign up for a course with a fee, click on the course from the course catalog, and then click “Get this course (price)”. Enter your card details and click “checkout”.
Only credit card payments are accepted. Transactions are processed through Stripe, a secure payment platform.
- Once the payment has been successfully completed, the “Get this course” button will change to “Start or resume course”
- If you have a coupon code click “Got a coupon?”, enter your code in the text box, and click “Validate”. Text will appear below the coupon field telling you the value of your coupon. Click Checkout to complete the transaction.
Note: if the “Got a coupon?” option is not shown, coupons cannot be used for this course.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How can I pay for my courses?
A: Our online learning platform accepts payments by credit card only. Transactions are processed through Stripe, a secure online payment platform.
Q: Where can I find an invoice showing proof-of-payment that I can download or print?
A: In the top navigation bar, where your name is shown, click the arrow to show the dropdown list. Then select “My Payments” from the menu. On your payments page, you will see all of your purchased courses and can download a PDF invoice by clicking the download symbol.
Q: Do I have to finish my course in one sitting, or can I leave and come back to it later?
A: You can start and stop at any time! The platform will record your progress, and you can pick up where you left off whenever it is convenient for you.
Q: I want to use my phone/my tablet to complete my course, can I do that?
A: Yes! Our courses are designed to be compatible with any device.
Q: Is my login for this platform the same as my login to the CHF Canada website?
A: No, this is a separate platform with a unique login.
Q: I had an account with CHF Canada’s old online learning platform, can I use that account to get these courses?
A: No, the old platform is no longer available and learner logins are no longer valid. You will have to create a new account for this platform. All the courses offered on this platform are brand new, so you won’t be re-doing any of your old course work.
Q: I’m having trouble navigating the platform, can you help me?
A: Yes! Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org describing the problem you are having, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Note: If you’ve forgotten your password, simply click “Forgot password” on the login page, and you will receive an email to reset your password (to the email address associated with your online learning account). If you cannot find the email in your main inbox, check your spam or junk email folders.