Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, CHF Canada’s Board and Council have made the difficult but necessary decision to cancel the in-person 2020 Annual Meeting planned for Halifax.
A virtual AGM will take place June 13, 2020, starting at 1:30 p.m. Eastern Time (doors open at 1:00 pm ET) with both Ontario and national business meetings as web-based meetings with shortened agendas.
We have made arrangements to return to Halifax in 2022.
CHF Canada’s Annual Meeting is held in a different Canadian city in the spring of each year.
Each AGM features:
- workshops and training and for co‑op members and managers
- a national business meeting with reports, resolutions, discussions and elections of the Board of Directors and Finance and Audit Committee.
- a meeting of CHF Canada’s Ontario Region, including reports, resolutions and election of the Ontario Council
- regional caucuses for members from BC, the Prairies, Quebec and the Atlantic provinces
- social events and networking opportunities
- a special networking session for emerging co‑op leaders (under 35), and
- simultaneous translation or a French-language alternative for all activities.
All CHF Canada members are encouraged to send at least one delegate to the AGM.
To help with the cost, CHF Canada offers a discounted delegate registration fee, help with delegate airfare costs and a wide range of registration options for other participants. Participants under 35 receive a 50% discount on registration fees.
Future AGM Locations:
- 2021: Ottawa, ON (June 10 – 12)
- 2022: Halifax, NS (date to be determined)