Co-op Housing Champion Award
In every housing co-op, there are members who go above and beyond. We want to highlight those everyday co-op champions with this award.
The Co-op Housing Champion Award is awarded every two years and celebrates a remarkable individual whose presence, efforts and community spirit have helped make their co-op and neighbourhood a better place to live.
Originally established in 1988 as the CMHC Award for Outstanding Contribution to Co-operative Housing, this award has a long history of recognizing remarkable individuals who have elevated the housing co-op sector.
The newly named award continues that tradition of celebrating co-op champions, with a new focus on individuals who call a housing co-op home.
Do you know a Co-op Housing Champion?
Do you know someone who lives or works at your co-op who:
- Lifts up their neighbours with their presence and brings out the best in people
- Has made their housing co-op and community a better place to live
- Promotes the benefits of co-operative living
- Has made a meaningful, lasting contribution to their co-op that can serve as an inspiration to members across Canada
Consider nominating them for the Co-op Housing Champion Award!
The winner will be honoured at a CHF Canada Annual Meeting and will receive free registration for the event, along with accommodation and travel for themselves and a companion as applicable. Note that for 2021, CHF Canada’s Annual Meeting will be virtual.
How to Apply
Email Cynthia Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Name of person being nominated
- What co-op they live at
- Their phone number, email, and mailing address
- Your name, phone number, email, and mailing address
- Please describe how this individual makes their co-op and community a better place to live. Feel free to include details like:
- How they support their neighbours and community
- How their presences lifts up their neighbours and brings out the best in people
- What sorts of initiatives and contributions they’ve made to promote co-op housing
- Why they can be considered an inspiring example to other members across Canada
The application deadline is March 15, 2021.
For more information, please contact Cynthia Mitchell, Program Manger, Membership & Events at 1-800-465-2752 ext. 226 or email@example.com