Diversity Scholarship Application
Deadline: March 31, 2020
CHF Canada recognizes that the strength of its membership is in the many cultures and identities represented within co-ops. The purpose of the Diversity Scholarship is to recognize young people living in co-ops who are actively promoting diversity in their community. Our goal is to financially support the emerging leaders of the co-op housing movement in their pursuit of post-secondary education.
In Manitoba and Southwestern Ontario the scholarship is $6,000 distributed over 4 years. Recipients will receive $1,500 for each year of study, up to a maximum of $6,000. In Atlantic Canada, the scholarship is $5,000 over four years with recipients receiving $2,000 the first year and $1,000 subsequent years.
Scholarships are awarded to students graduating from high school and entering college or university. We also offer scholarships for students who are currently enrolled in college or university undergraduate program or are returning to college or university after a break to complete an undergraduate or post-graduate program.
- live or maintain a primary residence in a CHF Canada member housing co-op in the region you are applying (Manitoba, South-West Ontario or Atlantic Canada.)
- plan to attend a publicly funded Canadian community college, university or approved apprenticeship training program on a full-time basis in the 2020/2021 academic year
- have used their knowledge and understanding of diversity to make a positive contribution to their school and/or local community
- be under 35 years old
- demonstrate financial need, and
- agree to attend the CHF Canada Diversity Scholarship presentation (at a date to be confirmed).
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions about eligibility or any other questions.
To apply, fill out this application online. Attach your essay and all of the required documents.
Remember to gather all the required documents from your sources well ahead of the March 31, 2020 deadline.
If you are already attending college or university
The scholarship is pro-rated for your undergraduate program. For example, someone partway through a program would be funded for the remaining years of that program.
Students will have to show us:
- proof that they are registered as a full-time student
- a transcript showing passing marks for the program
- proof that their accounts with the college or university are up to date