Member education forum
2020 Virtual Member Education Forum
Thank you for attending our first ever Virtual Member Education Forum, a series of 7 webinars between June 15th - 30th, 2020. To access the webinar recording and other materials, click on the webinar you attended from the list below and enter the password sent by email.
2019 Member Education Forum
Thursday, June 69:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- A01 Leadership that earns involvement
- A02 Are you a good boss?
- A03 Chairing meetings
- A04 Understanding financial statements, BCA and AMP
- A05 Putting it all together: A planning cycle for your co-op
- A06 How energy savings works
- A07 Creating an age-friendly co-op
- A08 Indigenous culture and knowledge: past and present
- A09 Federal election 2019: Mobilizing members and engaging politicians
- A10 Co-op principles and healthy co-op communities
- A11 All about co-op development
- A12 Navigating new programs: SEED Fund and Co-investment Fund
Thursday, June 61:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- B01 Our legacy: Co-op founders share their stories
- B02 Introduction to human rights and housing
- B03 Great elections
- B04 The impact of co-op arrears
- B05 Accessibility, aging in place and universal design
- B06 Save energy and get paid for it!
- B07 Welcoming LGBT2SQ members at your co-op
- B09 The National Housing Strategy: Work to date
- B11 Alternative models for growth of the co-op sector
- B12 Your co-op before development
Thursday, June 63:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- C01 Our future: Co-op housing for all
- C03 Brilliant board meetings
- C04 Budgeting know-how
- C05 Vacancies & marketing
- C06 Testing for radon
- C09 Effective media relations
- C10 Your co-op online
Friday, June 79:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- D01 Conflict mediation: what you need to know before you start!
- D02 Director duties
- D03 Engaging members in co-op meetings
- D04 Long-term financial planning for co-op communities
- D05 Fire, wind, water! Why and how to protect your co-op from loss
- D06 Greener co-op communities
- D07 Co-op housing: A model for gender equality?
- D09 Working together to protect and grow affordable housing in Ontario
- D10 Building a culture of accountability in co-ops
- D11 Co-ops, development and change
- D12 Exploring the community land trust model