Member education forum
2019 Member Education Forum
The workshop materials for the 2019 Member Education Forum will be available June 1st, in advance of the AGM.
Thursday, June 6 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- A01 Leadership that earns involvement
- A02 Are you a good boss?
- A03 Chairing meetings
- A04 Understanding financial statements, BCA and AMP
- A05 Putting it all together: A planning cycle for your co-op
- A06 How energy savings works
- A07 Creating an age-friendly co-op
- A08 Indigenous culture and knowledge: past and present
- A09 Federal election 2019: Mobilizing members and engaging politicians
- A10 Co-op principles and healthy co-op communities
- A11 All about co-op development
- A12 Navigating new programs: SEED Fund and Co-investment Fund
Thursday, June 6 1:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- B01 Our legacy: Co-op founders share their stories
- B02 Introduction to human rights and housing
- B03 Great elections
- B04 The impact of co-op arrears
- B05 Accessibility, aging in place and universal design
- B06 Save energy and get paid for it!
- B07 Welcoming LGBT2SQ members at your co-op
- B08 KAIROS Blanket Exercise (part one)
- B09 The National Housing Strategy: Work to date
- B10 A Silent Transformation: Film screening
- B11 Alternative models for growth of the co-op sector
- B12 Your co-op before development
Thursday, June 6 3:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- C01 Our future: Co-op housing for all
- C02 Co-op presidents forum
- C03 Brilliant board meetings
- C04 Budgeting know-how
- C05 Vacancies & marketing
- C06 Testing for radon
- C07 Co-op stories of welcoming communities
- C08 KAIROS Blanket Exercise (part two)
- C09 Effective media relations
Friday, June 7 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- D01 Conflict mediation: what you need to know before you start!
- D02 Director duties
- D03 Engaging members in co-op meetings
- D04 Long-term financial planning for co-op communities
- D05 Fire, wind, water! Why and how to protect your co-op from loss
- D06 Greener communities
- D07 Co-op housing: A model for gender equality?
- D08 Discussions on reconciliation in the co-op housing sector
- D09 Working together to protect and grow affordable housing in Ontario
- D10 Building a culture of accountability in co-ops
- D11 Co-ops, development and change
- D12 Exploring the community land trust model