I’m a new co-op member
Congratulations: you are now one of about 250,000 housing co-op members across Canada, and part of a global co-operative movement!
In some ways, living in a housing co-op isn’t so different from renting a home. But there’s also some important differences. There is no outside landlord. Instead, co-op members (the people who live in the co-op) are the ones who make decisions about their homes.
Here are some resources to help you learn more about what it means to be a co-op member:
1. Watch our video “Co-op Housing: More than a home”:
2. Check out our “About Co-op Housing” page.
3. Read some Co-op Facts and Figures.
4. Follow CHF Canada on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, and sign up for our eNews email newsletter to stay up to date on the latest co-op news and opportunities.
5. Check out the Resources section on our website to see useful resources like “Speaking Up at Member Meetings”. (You’ll need to create an account on our website to access the Resources section.)
6. Learn more about our Vision for the Future of the Co-operative Housing Movement in Canada.
7. Watch our 50th anniversary video to learn more about the future of the co-operative housing movement in Canada: