I’m a new co-op member
Congratulations: you are now one of about 250,000 housing co-op members across Canada, and part of a global co-operative movement!
In some ways, living in a housing co-op isn’t so different from renting a home. But there’s also some important differences. There is no outside landlord. Instead, co-op members (the people who live in the co-op) are the ones who make decisions about their homes.
Here are some resources to help you learn more about what it means to be a co-op member:
1. Watch our video “Co-op Housing: More than a home”:
2. Check out our “About Co-op Housing” page.
3. Read some Co-op Facts and Figures.
6. Learn more about our Vision for the Future of the Co-operative Housing Movement in Canada.
7. Watch our 50th anniversary video to learn more about the future of the co-operative housing movement in Canada: