Be part of the movement, meet members and have a say at the 2020 Annual Meeting
Published September 25, 2019
CHF Canada staff and volunteers are already hard at work planning to make your 2020 Annual Meeting, June 11-13 in Halifax, NS the best one yet. Come join us!
Here are some suggestions for putting together a proposal showing all of the ways that your co-op can benefit from sending members and staff to the Annual Meeting.
Here are a few things you might want to mention:
- Discounts: We’ll be offering discounts and bursaries for attendees 35 and under, travel rebates, a childcare allowance, and a special bursary for members in Nova Scotia.
- Convenient for co-op managers: With this year’s Annual Meeting taking place in the middle of the month, it won’t interfere with collecting housing charges.
- Share what you’ve learned: We encourage attendees to report back to their co-ops on what they learned from our program of over 50 workshops. Annual Meeting attendees will have access to all the workshop handouts and slides from the event.
- Make your voice heard: Make sure your co-op exercises its democratic rights as a CHF Canada member by voting on resolutions at our National Business Meeting and helping elect new members to the Board of Directors and Ontario Council.
- Networking: Benefit from the rich history and diverse, friendly culture of Halifax as you network with co-op members and staff from across the country.
If you have any questions about the Annual Meeting, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing you there!
Don't miss out on the latest co-op news, success stories, and helpful resources for your co-op. Sign up here to receive our eNews every two weeks straight to your inbox!