Great speakers and education in store for London Annual Meeting
Published April 09, 2019
If you haven’t yet registered for CHF Canada’s 2019 Annual Meeting, June 5 to 8, don’t wait another minute! You don’t want to miss the fantastic array of speakers and workshops we have in store for you.
We are thrilled to have two very accomplished guest speakers as part of this year’s Annual Meeting:
- Esi Edugyan is a two-time recipient of the Scotiabank Giller Prize for her novels Half-Blood Blues and Washington Black. She lived as a teen in a housing co-op and we look forward to hearing her ideas about home and community.
- Champlain Housing Trust CEO Brenda Torpy leads the largest community land trust in the United States, with 2,600 affordable homes in northwest Vermont, and recipient of a UN World Habitat Award.
There are also more than 50 informative workshops at this year’s Annual Meeting, themed on our vision pillars of Sustainability, Identity and Growth. Here are some of the great new sessions offered:
- Federal election 2019: Mobilizing members and engaging politicians (A9)
- Accessibility, aging in place and universal design (B5/P23)
- Save energy and get paid for it! (B6)
Some workshops are rapidly filling up now, so don’t miss these great opportunities to learn, network and discuss the important issues for Canada’s co-op housing movement. Visit the Annual Meeting website, pick your workshops, and register now to join us in London. Early bird registration ends May 9th.
Don’t miss out on the latest co-op news, success stories, and helpful resources for your co-op.
Sign up here to receive our eNews every two weeks straight to your inbox!