Get involved with the #IncludeCoop campaign!
Published August 29, 2019
We want more Canadians to know about co-op housing, and we want all political parties to ensure the protection and expansion of the co-op housing sector. With your support, we can make a big impact across Canada.
- Talk about co-op housing with your friends, family and on social media (using “#includecoop” and using the campaign toolkit)
- Attend our #IncludeCoop webinar on September 10 to learn how you can get involved.
- Update your Facebook profile picture with the Include Co-op Frame
- Post the Include Co-op poster in common areas of your co-op
- Invite local candidates to tour your co-op or attend your co-op’s summer event
- Attend a local election event or all-candidates meeting. Ask how they will support and develop co-op housing.
- Ask your local candidates if they will commit to:
- Build more co-op housing
- Maintain rent assistance programs
- Release federal surplus public land to co-ops to promote new development.
- Share your story. If you have a compelling case for how co-op housing is a great option, contact us so we can profile you or your co-op as part of the campaign.
We are over half way to our goal of having more than 2,217 uses of the #IncludeCoop campaign hashtag on social media. (That’s the number of housing co-ops across Canada.) Please help us make this happen!
Don't miss out on the latest co-op news, success stories, and helpful resources for your co-op.
Sign up here to receive our eNews every two weeks straight to your inbox!