Vote Housing – what we accomplished, and what’s next?
Published September 29, 2021
CHF Canada was part of the Vote Housing coalition, which formed in order to engage in the federal election.
We’re proud to report that affordable housing was a dominant issue within the election campaign, owing in part to the efforts of Vote Housing. We believe this focus has opened the door to greater federal ambition on affordable housing and ending homelessness once the new government gets to work.
With your help, our campaign was able to:
- release a national poll demonstrating incredibly strong public support for housing investment and ending homelessness
- garner over 200 endorsing organizations in addition to 20,000+ individual supporters
- send over 55,000+ letters to candidates and party leaders
- reach over 2 million people online and offline
- host a national housing debate with five federal parties represented
- earn the support of 17 mayors across the country representing over 13 million Canadians
Watch the Vote Housing campaign’s closing video:
Don't miss out on the latest co-op news, success stories, and helpful resources for your co-op.
Sign up here to receive our eNews every two weeks straight to your inbox!