Ontario municipal elections October 24: speak up for co-op housing
Published September 02, 2022
On October 24, voters will elect their municipal councillors and mayors.
There is a lot at stake for co-op housing in these elections. CHF Canada created an Ontario municipal elections page to help supporters speak up for co-op housing this fall.
Mayors and councillors are in charge of some of the most important decisions that can impact the future of co-op housing in your community. This year, this is truer than ever as many HSA co-ops will be looking to sign new agreements with their municipality after they have paid off their mortgage.
When co-ops and their supporters make their voices heard, politicians take notice.
This election, ask candidates if they will:
- Work with HSA co-ops in their area to ensure they are offered fair agreements that support the long-term health and sustainability of the community.
- Prioritize building more permanently affordable co-op housing.
Co-ops can take action:
- Connect with CHF Canada or their regional co-op housing federations
- Make sure your co-op shares our flyer to all members
- Hold a candidates’ event
- Help to get out the vote on Election Day.
- Learn about the issues, voting and more on our Ontario municipal elections page.
Don't miss out on the latest co-op news, success stories, and helpful resources for your co-op. Sign up here to receive our eNews every two weeks straight to your inbox!