CHF Canada is hiring a Director, Member Services
Published April 17
Notice of Permanent Position: Director, Member Services
The Co-operative Housing Federation of Canada: Where you belong.
CHF Canada exists to inspire, represent and serve our members in a united Canadian co-operative housing movement. With over 900 members in every province and territory, CHF Canada is a leading-edge membership association committed to the sustainable development of co-operative housing in Canada. Together, housing co-ops are home to over a quarter of a million Canadians, representing a $6 billion real estate portfolio.
We invite you to bring your leadership and member services experience to the full time, permanent position of Director, Member Services. The position is based in Ottawa (with consideration to Toronto) with a target start date of June 16, 2018.
As a member of CHF Canada’s senior management team, you will join the organization during an exciting period of growth and renewal in the co-operative housing sector. Reporting to the Executive Director, you will direct a knowledgeable and committed member services department.
You will contribute to our success by:
- leading CHF Canada’s robust and evolving services to members, including co-operative and enterprise services, education and training, and special projects,
- overseeing membership development and engagement, along with CHF Canada’s partnerships with regional federations of housing co-operatives;
- supervising the planning and execution of CHF Canada’s member events, conferences and Annual General meeting.
What we’re looking for:
- a commitment to demonstrating co-operative principles and values,
- a university degree in business administration, social sciences, or equivalent experience,
- progressive management experience in member, client or customer services or extensive experience in a management or development role in the co-op or community housing sector,
- ability to work with minimal supervision, with excellent human resource, financial management, and oral and written communication skills;
- familiarity with other sectors of the Canadian co-operative movement and community housing sectors is an asset,
- preference will be given to fluently bilingual (French/English) candidates.
The position requires frequent travel. Candidates must be willing to work some evenings and weekends.
The salary is commensurate with experience. CHF Canada offers an excellent benefits package. CHF Canada is an equal opportunity employer.
If interested, please apply in writing by 5:00 pm EDT, April 30, 2018 to:
Director, Finance and Administration
#311, 225 Metcalfe Street
Ottawa, Ontario, K2P 1P9
No telephone inquiries, please.
Don’t miss out on the latest co-op news, success stories, and helpful resources for your co-op.
Sign up here to receive our eNews every two weeks straight to your inbox!