We’re hiring: Manager, Human Resources
Published July 07, 2022
NOTICE OF PERMANENT POSITION: MANAGER, HUMAN RESOURCES
The Co-operative Housing Federation of Canada is recruiting for a full time, permanent position of Manager, Human Resources. The position will be based in Toronto or Ottawa (with an option for a hybrid work schedule), with a target starting date of September 1, 2022.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Manager leads the HR function for the organization, sits on the Senior Management Team, and supports management in fostering and maintaining positive relations with employees. In the first year, they will be instrumental at shifting HR from an administrative and transactional function to one that influences managers to deliver important performance and productivity messages, and develop programs and structures to support the organization’s development. They help management and staff communicate effectively with each other, keep and maintain employee records, help managers decide when and how to provide feedback, manage performance, employee separations, implement pay raises or awards, and make sure that employees are treated fairly and in accordance with our policies and applicable employment legislation. Responsibilities include designing and championing the performance and talent management cycle, crafting and distributing key employee communications, facilitating employee training, and developing and influencing the organization’s diversity, equity and inclusion strategy.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- designing and implementing the organization’s talent management processes, including talent reviews, succession planning, objective-setting and performance feedback;
- managing the organization’s hiring and separation processes;
- managing onboarding, professional development and learning programs;
- managing the organization’s compensation systems and being knowledgeable in job evaluation; maintaining up-to-date records;
- overseeing the effective operation of the company’s payroll, benefits, and time reporting systems;
- helping managers and employees with questions regarding organizational policies and practices, and investigating complaints when needed;
- liaising with the group benefits and the pension plan providers, as needed;
- overseeing the organization’s diversity, equity and inclusion practices, employee engagement practices, and staff wellness programs;
- budgeting for the HR function’s operations and employee wages.
What we’re looking for:
- A working knowledge of employment legislation across all provinces and territories, and resourcefulness in researching details required to support national staffing issues and concerns.
- Ability to work positively with a wide range of individuals, teams, organizations and stakeholders involved in CHF Canada’s management.
- Strong organizational and recordkeeping skills.
- A post-secondary degree in human resources and accreditation, such as CHRP or CHRL.
- Experience working with vendors and negotiating contracts is an asset.
- A demonstrated interest in the co-operative values and principles, and/or experience working in a co-operative or non-profit environment is desirable.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Preference will be given to fluently bilingual (French/English) candidates.
CHF Canada is committed to building and retaining a diverse, equitable, and inclusive working environment. In selecting candidates for this position, additional weight may be given to recognize diverse backgrounds and experiences, especially from underrepresented groups among CHF Canada’s current staff and management composition. CHF Canada invites candidates to self-identify relevant experiences or background information that supports this organizational objective.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resumé and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: CHF Canada – Human Resources Manager
Salary Range: $96,578 to $102,457
Application Deadline: 5:00 p.m. EDT, Friday, July 22, 2022
Co-operative Housing Federation of Canada thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. CHF Canada is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. CHF Canada is an equal opportunity employer and committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, persons with disabilities and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
CHF Canada is proud to have been recognized for the second year in a row as one of the National Capital Region Top Employers.
Don't miss out on the latest co-op news, success stories, and helpful resources for your co-op. Sign up here to receive our eNews every two weeks straight to your inbox!