We’re hiring a Program Manager, Asset Manager Services
Published July 16, 2019
The Co-operative Housing Federation of Canada (CHF Canada) – where you belong.
CHF Canada exists to inspire, represent, and serve our members in a united Canadian co-operative housing movement. With over 900 members in every province and territory, CHF Canada is a leading-edge membership association committed to the sustainable development of co-operative housing in Canada. Together, housing co-ops are home to over a quarter of a million Canadians, representing a $6 billion real estate portfolio.
Since 2014, CHF Canada has offered a range of asset management services to help member housing co-operatives understand and address the present and future capital requirements of their buildings. Organized as social enterprises, this work promotes long-term sustainability and is intended to preserve the quality and affordability of co-operative housing in Canada.
Because of a growing workload, we invite you to apply for the new two-year contract position of Program Manager, Asset Management Services, based in Toronto.
Reporting to the Senior Program Manager, Asset Management Services, the Program Manager will play a key role in the delivery of specific asset management services including the preparation of long-term asset management plans (including building condition analyses, financial analyses and financing/refinancing scenarios), and the procurement of technical documents and technical services on behalf of client housing cooperatives. You will also provide education and information workshops to member co-ops, and liaise with the partner organizations participating in CHF Canada’s work.
We are looking for someone with
- bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Real Estate, Economics, Finance, Urban Planning, or a related discipline in building science
- certified engineering technologist (CET) designation and/or project management certificate preferred but not required
- minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in real estate development, finance, building science, or consulting, involving building development or asset management
- strong general knowledge of various building systems and energy management solutions related to multi-residential buildings (architectural, civil, site services, structural, mechanical and electrical systems, HVAC systems, building life safety systems)
- advanced computing skills with proficiency in the applications of Microsoft Office, including spreadsheet analysis tools and formulae
- a thorough understanding of financial statements and financing related to multi-residential properties
- demonstrated knowledge of basic building construction elements and techniques, including procurement processes, bidding requirements, and related contract law
- excellent oral and written communication skills, preferably with experience in writing technical reports; bilingualism (French/English) is preferred.
Your availability to travel throughout Canada, as well as frequent evening and weekend work, is required.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. CHF Canada offers a values-driven workplace, excellent benefits package, and is an equal opportunity employer.
If interested, please apply in writing by 5:00 pm EDT, July 25, 2019 to:
Director, Finance and Corporate Service
NO TELEPHONE INQUIRIES PLEASE
Don't miss out on the latest co-op news, success stories, and helpful resources for your co-op.
Sign up here to receive our eNews every two weeks straight to your inbox!