Community Housing Transformation Centre seeks Executive Director
Published March 28
We are searching for an experienced executive ready to take on the start-up of a new organization dedicated to the transformation and sustainability of the community-housing sector in Canada.
The Community Housing Transformation Centre was founded by a pan-Canadian network of organizations that represent and serve the needs of Canada’s community housing sector. Our mission is to leverage, mutualize and expand resources to support the sustainability and growth of the community housing sectors in Canada.
Our ideal candidate is a proven leader who blends community values with business effectiveness. Working in a start-up environment, you will develop strong partnerships within and beyond the community-housing sector, while building your own team and operations to fulfil the mission of the organization. You are co-operative, partnership-oriented and ready to work with a robust network of existing housing organizations to leverage and mutualize resources for the community housing sector. You are a skilled communicator with experience managing all aspects of an organization, ideally with some understanding of Canada’s community housing landscape. You have worked closely with boards of directors to guide strategy development and set priorities, while showing adaptability to an evolving environment.
- Lead all aspects of the business
- Report to the Board of Directors
- Partner relations and communications
- Start-up and operational development
- Program and service development and evaluation
- Reliably and consistently adhere to funder expectations and agreements
Qualifications, Competencies and Experiences:
- 10+ years of executive leadership or senior management experience
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of the community housing sector, with a well-established network and understanding of co-operative and non-profit housing needs and challenges.
- Demonstrated track record of effective partnership development, leveraging strategic partnerships to advance the organization’s mandate.
- Proven leadership in business development and administration, focused on disciplined operations and adherence to performance plans and continuous improvement.
- Experience in leading and managing teams, implementing broad-based, ethical, people-management strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to apply sound financial management and budgetary principles to the full range of business operations
- Proven track record of effective government relations, negotiations and contract management.
- Effective, clear communicator with the ability to both listen and respond effectively to others orally and in writing in Canada’s Official Languages.
- The Board of Directors
- The members of the Community Housing Transformation Centre and organizations and businesses that serve the Canadian community-housing sector
- Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation, provincial and municipal housing authorities
- Community housing providers and networks, including co-operatives, non-profits, and off-reserve indigenous housing providers.
Salary and benefits:
- Commensurate with skills and experience
How to apply:
Applicants should send a copy of their C.V. and a cover letter describing their interest in and suitability for this new role.
Deadline for applications: April 18, 2019 at 5pm ET.
Applications should be forwarded to Tim Ross, email@example.com.
Don’t miss out on the latest co-op news, success stories, and helpful resources for your co-op.
Sign up here to receive our eNews every two weeks straight to your inbox!