Six resources on aging in place
Published July 28, 2020
If you are interested in starting a conversation about how to better support aging in place at your housing co-op, we’ve put together a list of resources to help you get started:
- Thinking about your future? Plan now to Age in Place: This checklist from the Government of Canada will help you plan to remain in your home as long as possible as you get older.
- Aging in Place Success Stories: CMHC shares examples of how municipalities and developers have helped support aging in place.
- Age-friendly cities and aging in place: Learn how homes and common areas can be made more accessible to those who are aging in place.
- How More Americans Are ‘Aging in Place’ : This video shows innovative ideas that are helping seniors stay in their homes.
- Best Practices, National Association of Area Agencies on Aging: This site collects innovative ways that organizations and communities are supporting people as they age.
- Social Isolation : Learn how you can help seniors in your community stay connected and avoid loneliness and elder abuse.
You can also find these resources on our Education page, which we update regularly with new resources.
Don't miss out on the latest co-op news, success stories, and helpful resources for your co-op. Sign up here to receive our eNews every two weeks straight to your inbox!