CHF Canada seeks Program Manager, Asset Management Services
Published May 08
NOTICE OF CONTRACT POSITION:
PROGRAM MANAGER, ASSET MANAGEMENT SERVICES
The Co-operative Housing Federation of Canada (CHF Canada) – where you belong.
CHF Canada exists to inspire, represent and serve our members in a united Canadian co‑operative housing movement. With over 900 members in every province and territory, CHF Canada is a leading-edge membership association committed to the sustainable development of co-operative housing in Canada. Together, housing co-ops are home to over a quarter of a million Canadians, representing a $6 billion real estate portfolio.
Since 2014, CHF Canada has offered a range of asset management services to help member housing co-operatives understand and address the present and future capital requirements of their buildings. Organized as social enterprises, this work promotes long-term sustainability, and is intended to preserve the quality and affordability of co-operative housing in Canada.
Because of a growing workload, we invite you to apply for the new two-year contract position of Program Manager, Asset Management Services, based in Ottawa or Toronto. Other locations will be considered.
Reporting to the Senior Program Manager, Asset Management Services, the Program Manager will play a key role in the delivery of specific asset management services including the preparation of long-term asset management plans (including building condition analyses, financial analyses and financing/refinancing scenarios), and the procurement of technical documents and technical services on behalf of client housing cooperatives. You will also provide education and information workshops to member co-ops, and liaise with the partner organizations participating in CHF Canada’s work.
We’re looking for someone with
- a certified engineering technologist (CET) designation or equivalent education, and/or project management certificate or equivalent experience
- strong general knowledge of various building systems and energy management solutions related to multi-residential buildings (architectural, civil, site services, structural, mechanical and electrical systems, HVAC systems, building life safety systems)
- experience with various computer applications, including spreadsheet analysis tools and formulae and experience in writing technical reports
- a thorough understanding of financial statements and financing related to multi-residential properties
- demonstrated knowledge of basic building construction elements and techniques, including procurement processes, bidding requirements and related contract law
- excellent oral and written communication skills; bilingualism (French/English) is preferred.
Your availability to travel throughout Canada, as well as work some evenings and weekends, is required. Salary will be commensurate with experience. CHF Canada offers a values-driven workplace, excellent benefits package and is an equal opportunity employer.
If interested, please apply in writing by 5:00 pm EDT, May 31, 2019 to:
Director, Finance and Corporate Service
NO TELEPHONE INQUIRIES PLEASE
Don’t miss out on the latest co-op news, success stories, and helpful resources for your co-op.
Sign up here to receive our eNews every two weeks straight to your inbox!