Six resources on 2SLGBTQ+ inclusion
Published April 27, 2020
If you are interested in starting a conversation about how to better include and welcome 2SLGBTQ+ people (two-spirit, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, queer, and other gender and sexual minorities) at your co-op, or with your friends, family, or co-workers, we’ve put together a list of resources to help you get started:
- Sexual orientation and gender identity glossary: This glossary will help you understand some of the many ways people might describe their gender and who they are attracted to.
- Creating Authentic Spaces: This guide will help you challenge transphobia and make your co-op or workplace a more welcoming environment for trans people.
- Positive Space poster: Download and print this poster to show your commitment to making a safer and more welcoming space for LGBT2SQ people.
- Deb-we-win Ge-ken-am-aan, Our Place in the Circle: This National Film Board documentary introduces you to a group of two-spirit people—a term used by some Indigenous people to describe the role of those who are not strictly men or women.
- LGBTQIA Ally Tips: Advice on being friendly and respectful to LGBTQIA people.
- Effective Allyship: A Transgender Take on Intersectionality: In this TEDxTalk, learn how to listen and relate to people with different experiences without talking over them or shutting them down.
You can also find these resources on our Education page, which we update regularly with new resources.
Don't miss out on the latest co-op news, success stories, and helpful resources for your co-op.
Sign up here to receive our eNews every two weeks straight to your inbox!