Six resources on 2SLGBTQ+ inclusion
Published April 27, 2020
If you are interested in starting a conversation about how to better include and welcome 2SLGBTQ+ people (two-spirit, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, queer, and other gender and sexual minorities) at your co-op, or with your friends, family, or co-workers, we’ve put together a list of resources to help you get started:
- Sexual orientation and gender identity glossary: This glossary will help you understand some of the many ways people might describe their gender and who they are attracted to.
- Creating Authentic Spaces: This guide will help you challenge transphobia and make your co-op or workplace a more welcoming environment for trans people.
- Positive Space poster: Download a poster to show your commitment to making a safer and more welcoming space for LGBT2SQ people.
- Deb-we-win Ge-ken-am-aan, Our Place in the Circle: This National Film Board documentary introduces you to a group of two-spirit people—a term used by some Indigenous people to describe the role of those who are not strictly men or women.
- LGBTQIA Ally Tips: Advice on being friendly and respectful to LGBTQIA people.
- Effective Allyship: A Transgender Take on Intersectionality: In this TEDxTalk, learn how to listen and relate to people with different experiences without talking over them or shutting them down.
Don't miss out on the latest co-op news, success stories, and helpful resources for your co-op. Sign up here to receive our eNews every two weeks straight to your inbox!