We’re hiring an Atlantic Region Co-ordinator
Published March 30, 2020
CHF Canada exists to inspire, represent, and serve its members in a united Canadian co‑operative housing movement. With over 900 members in every province and territory, CHF Canada is a leading-edge membership association committed to the sustainable development of co-operative housing in Canada. Our staff are passionate about co-op housing as a means of making affordable housing available to all Canadians.
With the development of a new member service in the Region, we invite you to apply for the one-year contract position of Atlantic Region Co-ordinator, based in Truro, NS or the Halifax Regional Municipality. (The contract term may be extended.)
Reporting to the Regional Manager, Atlantic, you will undertake operational reviews of housing co-operatives in the Atlantic Region. You will also support initiatives that help foster understanding, awareness and learning of co-operative housing development and growth, as well as scale and alternative governance models that enhance sustainability among members and the sector.
You may be the person for this job if you have
- a post-secondary diploma in a related field or equivalent experience, particularly in business administration or finance
- knowledge of effective governance models and management of a non-profit organization
- familiarity with the affordable housing sector in NS. Familiarity with the legislative framework governing housing co-ops and the NS Co-operative Associations Act
- experiencing reading financial statements, preparing business plans and undertaking operational reviews
- advanced level of proficiency with MS Word and Access, and superior proficiency and skill with MS Excel
- excellent organizational and project management skills
- excellent and effective oral and written communication skills including plain-language writing skills
- good interpersonal skills, and ability to work independently.
You will be working in a values-driven and collegial workplace, offering a competitive salary and benefits package, and flexible work arrangements to help balance your life at, and away from, work. CHF Canada is an equal opportunity employer. Some evening and weekend work, is required.
If interested, please apply in writing by 5:00 pm EDT, April 13, 2020 to:
Director, Finance and Corporate Service
Don't miss out on the latest co-op news, success stories, and helpful resources for your co-op. Sign up here to receive our eNews every two weeks straight to your inbox!