Highlights from Member Survey
Published September 25, 2019
Last spring, CHF Canada launched a member survey to learn how your national federation can best support your co-op’s needs.
We received close to 500 responses. Thanks to everyone who took the time to share thoughts and comments!
Here’s what we learned from the survey results:
- 95% of respondents value CHF Canada’s advocacy work with government.
- 80% of members use CHF Canada education services including events, workshops and online resources.
- 80% agree that CHF Canada membership is good value for their co-op
- 80% are very likely or somewhat likely to recommend CHF Canada membership to other housing co-ops
- The top two challenges co-ops face are addressing the need for ongoing subsidies (80%) and aging in place (76%).
- Members are interested in hearing more updates on our Vision for the Future of the Co-operative Housing Movement in Canada
- 80% of members living in a housing co-op know about the services that are included with their co-op’s membership.
- There is some degree of support for making more services fee-based to help keep membership dues more affordable
- Overall, those working for a housing co-op or a co-op management company are making the most use of CHF Canada services.
What are some areas where we can improve member service?
- Letting members know what services are included in dues and how you can make the most of your membership.
- Providing updates on the progress of our Vision on a more regular basis.
- Continuing to prioritize our advocacy work, and developing more resources and tools focused on aging in place.
Congratulations to the following members who won a $50 restaurant gift card: Fin from Kenfinch Housing Co-operative, Scarborough, ON; Laura from Liberton Terrace, St.Albert, AB; and Rosie from Meadowlark Housing Co-op, Regina, SK.
If you have any questions about the survey results, please contact Cynthia Mitchell, Program Manager, Membership & Events at email@example.com or at 1-800-465-2752 ext. 226.
Don't miss out on the latest co-op news, success stories, and helpful resources for your co-op.
Sign up here to receive our eNews every two weeks straight to your inbox!