We’re hiring a Program Manager, Asset Management Services
Published February 20, 2020
The Co-operative Housing Federation of Canada (CHF Canada) – where you belong.
CHF Canada exists to inspire, represent, and serve its members in a united Canadian co‑operative housing movement. With over 900 members in every province and territory, CHF Canada is a leading-edge membership association committed to the sustainable development of co-operative housing in Canada. Our staff are passionate about co-op housing as a means of making affordable housing available to all Canadians.
Since 2014, CHF Canada has offered a range of asset management services to help member housing co-operatives understand and address the present and future capital requirements of their buildings. Organized as social enterprises, this work promotes long-term sustainability and is intended to preserve the quality and affordability of co-operative housing in Canada.
Because of a growing workload, we invite you to apply for the two-year contract position of Program Manager, Asset Management Services, based in Toronto.
Reporting to the Senior Program Manager, Asset Management Services, you will play a key role in the delivery of specific asset management services including the preparation of long-term asset management plans (including building condition analyses, financial analyses and financing/refinancing scenarios), and the procurement of technical documents and technical services on behalf of client housing co-operatives. You will also provide education and information workshops to member co-ops, and liaise with the partner organizations participating in CHF Canada’s work.
You may be the person for this job if you have
- an undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Urban Planning or a related building science discipline
- a minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in property management, including asset management and building operations
- demonstrated knowledge of basic building construction elements and techniques, including procurement processes, bidding requirements, and basic building systems (structural, mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems, building life safety systems)
- advanced level of proficiency with MS Excel, and proficiency with all other MS Office programs
- a thorough understanding of financial statements and financing related to multi-residential properties
- strong analytical skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- excellent oral and written communication skills including listening skills and plain language writing skills. Preferably with experience in writing technical reports. Bilingualism (French/English) is preferred.
You will be working in a values-driven and collegial workplace, offering a competitive salary and benefits package, and flexible work arrangements to help balance your life at, and away from, work. CHF Canada is an equal opportunity employer. Some travel throughout Canada, as well as frequent evening and weekend work, is required.
If interested, please apply in writing by 5:00 pm EDT, March 10, 2020 to:
Director, Finance and Corporate Service
Don't miss out on the latest co-op news, success stories, and helpful resources for your co-op. Sign up here to receive our eNews every two weeks straight to your inbox!