We’re hiring a Co-ordinator, Insurance and Risk Management
Published October 31, 2019
The Co‐operative Housing Federation of Canada (CHF Canada) – where you belong!
CHF Canada exists to inspire, represent, and serve our members in a united Canadian co‐operative housing movement. With over 950 members in every province and territory, CHF Canada is a leading‐edge membership association committed to the sustainable development of co‐operative housing in Canada. Our staff are passionate about co‐op housing as a means of making affordable housing available to all Canadians.
Reporting to the Manager, Asset and Financial Planning Services, your delivery and administration of our risk management program with member housing co‐ops will result in enhancements to and growth of our commercial insurance program for members, and is another integral part to meeting a key result area in our strategic plan: coop housing sustainability.
You may be the right person for the job if you have:
- minimum two years’ experience working for a commercial insurer with practical experience and a working knowledge of insurance and risk mitigation
- post‐secondary education, and experience in client services delivery and/or project management
- strong presentation skills
- effective oral and written communication skills in English and French, including listening skills and plain language writing skills
- advanced knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and CSM software (Salesforce)
- and a Certified Risk Management designation would be an asset.
Key among the attributes others would use to describe you is your ability to organize tasks and set appropriate priorities, your initiative, and your ability to build a strong rapport with colleagues and other stakeholders. You will be working in a values‐driven and collegial workplace, offering a competitive salary and benefits package, and flexible work arrangements to help balance your life at, and away from, work. CHF Canada is an equal opportunity employer. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
If this sounds like it might be the job for you, and you might be the right person for us, let us know! Get in touch by email if you’d like the full position description for this position. Please apply in writing, providing a cover letter and resumé telling us more about what you could bring to this position by way of your experiences and skills, by 5:00 pm EST, November 15, 2019:
Director, Finance and Corporate Services
Don’t miss out on the latest co-op news, success stories, and helpful resources for your co-op.
Sign up here to receive our eNews every two weeks straight to your inbox!