We’re hiring: Manager, Events, Education and Membership
Published February 07, 2023
NOTICE OF PERMANENT POSITION:MANAGER, EVENTS, EDUCATION AND MEMBERSHIP
The Co-operative Housing Federation of Canada is recruiting for a full time (35 hours per week), permanent position of Manager, Events, Education and Membership. The position will be based in Ottawa (with consideration for an alternate location), with a target start date of April 1, 2023.
Reporting to the Director, Member Services, the Manager will be responsible for events management, and supports the management of membership engagement and development and education programs on a national and regional basis. The Manager is responsible for the planning and management of all aspects of the Annual Meeting of the members including, but not limited to registration, business meeting, sponsorship, marketing and communications, and logistics. In collaboration with the Director, Member Services, the Manager provides strategic planning and program development to education program, and management oversight of education budget and staff. The Manager will work with Director, Member Services and Program Manager, Membership & Events to develop membership strategies for growth, retention, young members and member engagement, and manage implementation of strategies and associated work.
What we’re looking for:
- A university degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of related post-secondary education and extensive relevant experience may be considered.
- At least five years of experience planning and managing large scale events required (for example, 400+ participants or on a national/ regional scale).
- Experience developing and administering a project plan and successfully managing projects through to completion is required. Project management certifications an asset.
- Experience working with vendors and negotiating contracts is required.
- Ability to work positively and effectively with a wide range of individuals, teams, organizations, and stakeholders.
- Excellent time management, project management and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and financial skills with the ability to develop and administer a project budget.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to synthesize information for presentation and approval.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a key leader and as part of a team.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to leverage software for project planning, event management and registration.
- Preference will be given to fluently bilingual (French/English) candidates.
- Experience in overseeing or developing educational strategies and programs is an asset.
- Experience in obtaining sponsorships for events or programs is an asset.
- Experience working in a non-profit environment is an asset.
- Experience in a membership based organization is an asset.
CHF Canada is committed to building and retaining a diverse, equitable, and inclusive working environment. In selecting candidates for this position, additional weight may be given to recognize diverse backgrounds and experiences, especially from underrepresented groups among CHF Canada’s current staff and management composition. CHF invites candidates to self-identify relevant experiences or background information that supports this organizational objective.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: CHF Canada – Manager, Events, Education and Membership.
Starting salary: $100,441
Application Deadline: 5:00 p.m. EST, February 23, 2023
Co-operative Housing Federation (CHF) of Canada thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. CHF is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. CHF Canada is an equal opportunity employer and committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, persons with disabilities and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
CHF Canada is proud to have been recognized for the third year in a row as one of the National Capital Region Top Employers.
Don't miss out on the latest co-op news, success stories, and helpful resources for your co-op. Sign up here to receive our eNews every two weeks straight to your inbox!