We’re hiring: Manager, Asset and Financial Planning Services
Published May 02, 2023
The Co-operative Housing Federation of Canada is recruiting for a full time (35 hours per week), permanent position of Manager, Asset and Financial Planning Services. The position will be located at the Ottawa office on a hybrid basis (with consideration for an alternate location), with a target start date of August 1, 2023.
The Manager, Asset and Financial Planning Services is responsible for the delivery and growth of the insurance, risk, asset management and financing planning services to CHF Canada members including evaluating, enhancing, promoting, negotiating and reporting on these programs. They are responsible for asset related sustainability programs and services, as well as leadership and expertise on existing and new organizational sustainability initiatives. They collaborate with external and internal stakeholders, partners, staff, and consultants to ensure optimal awareness, access, and value of these services including participation on or with governance bodies (e.g. Board of Directors) as applicable. For all programs and services, the Manager works with internal staff, in particular Co-op Services and Planning staff, to enhance a co-ordinated delivery of service to members, communications staff to ensure effective marketing and communication, and education services staff to enhance knowledge and value of insurance, sustainability and long-term planning.
What we’re looking for:
- A university degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of related post-secondary education and extensive relevant experience, particularly in business administration or finance, may be considered.
- Knowledge of financing and commercial lending requirements.
- Strong understanding and experience with asset management planning and sustainability.
- Working knowledge of group insurance programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficient in the use of common spreadsheet, database, and word-processing software.
- Demonstrated experience and success with developing and maintaining strong partnership programs is an asset.
- Accounting and budgeting experience.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a key leader and as part of a team.
- Bilingualism (French/ English) is an asset.
CHF Canada is committed to building and retaining a diverse, equitable, and inclusive working environment. In selecting candidates for this position, additional weight may be given to recognize diverse backgrounds and experiences, especially from underrepresented groups among CHF Canada’s current staff and management composition. CHF invites candidates to self-identify relevant experiences or background information that supports this organizational objective.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: CHF Canada – Manager, Asset and Financial Planning Services.
Starting salary: $100,441
Application Deadline: 5:00 p.m. EST, June 7, 2023
Co-operative Housing Federation (CHF) of Canada thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. CHF is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. CHF Canada is an equal opportunity employer and committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, persons with disabilities and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
CHF Canada is proud to have been recognized for the third year in a row as one of the National Capital Region Top Employers.
Don't miss out on the latest co-op news, success stories, and helpful resources for your co-op. Sign up here to receive our eNews every two weeks straight to your inbox!