JOB POSTING: Program Manager, Co-operative and Planning Services, Atlantic
Published November 08, 2023
The Co-operative Housing Federation of Canada is recruiting for a full time (35 hours per week), permanent position of Program Manager, Co-operative and Planning Services, Atlantic. The position will be based in Truro, Nova Scotia (Hybrid) or Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia (Hybrid) (alternate location in the Atlantic provinces may be considered), with a target start date of January 1, 2024.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, Atlantic, the Program Manager will deliver a program of support to members in the Atlantic Region designed to enhance the governance, management, and operation and to strengthen the management of the co-operative housing movement generally. They support initiatives that help foster understanding, awareness and learning of co-operative housing development and growth as well as scale and alternative governance models that enhance sustainability among members and the sector. They provide oversight to direct services offered to member housing co-operatives and answer enquiries from members respecting government housing programs, legislation and regulations affecting housing co-operatives, and support the good governance and sound management of housing co-operatives.
They deliver fee-based governance support services to housing co-operatives and associated entities, which includes dedicated support to develop and implement planning, engagement and growth strategies. They support the development of resource materials and conduct training sessions for staff and volunteers of housing Co-operatives, federations and staff associations on topics related to municipal rules and other legislation affecting housing co-ops. They provide support to sector growth, which may include stakeholder outreach, facilitating growth and vision events, enabling partnerships and identifying opportunities for bringing together housing co-operatives, acquisition/transition or developing new co-operative housing and models. They work directly with existing housing co-operatives on unification and growth and collaborate with Development staff to respond to inquiries about new co-op development in the Atlantic Region.
What we’re looking for:
- A post‐secondary diploma in a related field or equivalent experience, particularly in business administration or finance.
- Specialized skills in one or more of the following areas: organizational development, financial management, or adult education.
- Thorough working knowledge of government housing programs and of the governance, operation and management of housing co-operatives and non‐profit organizations.
- Familiarity with the affordable housing sector in Canada and the legislative framework governing housing co‐ops.
- Demonstrated commitment to the growth and development of the non-profit co-operative housing movement in Canada.
- Advanced word‐processing and database programs skills (MS Office); graphic design (Canva); and excellent spreadsheet skills (MS Excel).
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent and effective oral and written communication skills, including listening skills and plain‐language writing skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and financial analysis skills.
- Time management skills and the ability to set priorities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
CHF Canada is committed to building and retaining a diverse, equitable, and inclusive working environment. In selecting candidates for this position, additional weight may be given to recognize diverse backgrounds and experiences, especially from underrepresented groups among CHF Canada’s current staff and management composition. CHF invites candidates to self-identify relevant experiences or background information that supports this organizational objective.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: CHF Canada – Program Manager, Co-operative and Planning Services, Atlantic.
Starting salary: $79,487/ year
Application Deadline: 5:00 p.m. AST, November 20, 2023
Co-operative Housing Federation (CHF) of Canada thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. CHF is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. CHF Canada is an equal opportunity employer and committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, persons with disabilities and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
CHF Canada is proud to have been recognized for the third year in a row as one of the National Capital Region Top Employers
Don't miss out on the latest co-op news, success stories, and helpful resources for your co-op. Sign up here to receive our eNews every two weeks straight to your inbox!