Job Posting: Program Manager, Membership and Events
Published May 26, 2023
The Co-operative Housing Federation of Canada is recruiting for a full time (35 hours per week), permanent position of Program Manager, Membership and Events. The position will be located at one of our CHF Canada offices on a hybrid basis (Ottawa, Toronto, Truro, or Vancouver), with a start date in August 2023.
The Program Manager, Membership and Events is responsible for the development, implementation, evaluation, and reporting of CHF Canada’s membership including engagement, recruitment, retention, and member events. This includes membership promotion and development strategies. They conduct research to develop detailed information on member co-op service needs. The Program Manager, Membership and Events is responsible for the timely collection of member and associate dues. They are a key contributor in the planning and implementation of the members Annual Meeting and works with internal communications staff to ensure effective marketing and communication of the Annual Meeting, along with other member engagement activities and events. They provide leadership and opportunities to grow young member engagement in the sector.
What we’re looking for:
- A university degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of related post-secondary education and relevant experience, particularly in marketing and/or market research, and member relations.
- Experience and demonstrated commitment to the principles and values of co-operatives and other forms of social enterprise in Canada.
- Experience with membership organizations including member engagement and growth.
- Event and meeting planning experience.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to leverage software for event management, membership management and member engagement. Experience with Salesforce is an asset.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including plain-language writing skills.
- Financial management skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Bilingualism (French/ English) is an asset.
CHF Canada is committed to building and retaining a diverse, equitable, and inclusive working environment. In selecting candidates for this position, additional weight may be given to recognize diverse backgrounds and experiences, especially from underrepresented groups among CHF Canada’s current staff and management composition. CHF invites candidates to self-identify relevant experiences or background information that supports this organizational objective.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: CHF Canada – Program Manager, Membership and Events.
Starting salary: $79,487
Application Deadline: 5:00 p.m. EST, June 12, 2023
Co-operative Housing Federation (CHF) of Canada thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. CHF is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. CHF Canada is an equal opportunity employer and committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, persons with disabilities and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
CHF Canada is proud to have been recognized for the third year in a row as one of the National Capital Region Top Employers.
Don't miss out on the latest co-op news, success stories, and helpful resources for your co-op. Sign up here to receive our eNews every two weeks straight to your inbox!