New EOM guide for HSA co-ops
Published August 20, 2023
Attention Housing Services Act (HSA) co-op boards, managers and municipal Service Managers:
If your co-op’s End of Mortgage (EOM) is within 2 years or less, this information is for you! It will help you develop successful service or exit agreements.
Service agreements will last for a minimum of 10 years. Your co-op will move into a new section of the HSA where the old rules no longer apply. With exit agreements, co-ops can leave the HSA and the benefits it offers.
The Guide to negotiating service agreements will help co-ops and their boards make informed decisions and negotiate the best possible outcomes for their communities.
Included in this guide:
- Tips on how your co-op can be well prepared
- The goals and priorities that co-ops and Service Managers have in common
- Key issues and best practices for negotiating a service agreement
By using tools like this guide and receiving support from CHF Canada and regional federations, your co-op’s EOM is an opportunity. Together we can:
- reshape housing under the HSA;
- ensure long-term financial viability and independence for co-ops, and
- grow the sector through innovation and new development.
Our resource library on the Education page of our website continues to grow as we create more tools for our HSA co-ops at EOM. To make them easy to find, we put the EOM resources at the top of the page: www.chfcanada.coop/education-and-resources/resources/
Don't miss out on the latest co-op news, success stories, and helpful resources for your co-op. Sign up here to receive our eNews every two weeks straight to your inbox!